Effective Date: April 15, 2015
MIT xPRO Honor Code Pledge
By enrolling in a course with MIT xPRO, you are joining a special worldwide community of learners. The aspiration of MIT xPRO is to provide anyone in the world who has the motivation and ability the opportunity to engage in coursework from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and to attain the best MIT-based educational experience that internet technology enables. You are part of the community who will help MIT xPRO achieve this goal.
The success of MIT xPRO depends upon your motivation to learn the material and to do so with honesty. In order to participate in MIT xPRO, you must agree to the Honor Code below and any additional terms specific to a class. This Honor Code, and any additional terms, will be posted on each class website.Back to top
HONOR CODE PLEDGE
By enrolling in an MIT xPRO course, I agree that I will:
- Complete all mid-terms, final exams, assessments, and other assignments with my own work and only my own work. I will not submit the work of any other person. However, participants are encouraged to collaborate with others when viewing the lecture videos, performing exercises and homework, and participating in labs.
- Maintain only one user account and not let anyone else use my username and/or password.
- Not engage in any activity that would falsify or misrepresent my results or the results of others.
- Not post answers to problems that are being used to assess student performance.
Unless otherwise indicated by the instructor of an MIT xPRO course, learners on MIT xPRO are encouraged to:
- Discuss with others general concepts and materials in each course.
- Present ideas and written work to fellow MIT xPRO learners or others for comment or criticism.
CHANGING THE HONOR CODE
Please note that we review and may make changes to this Honor Code from time to time. Any changes to this Honor Code will be effective immediately upon posting on this page, with an updated effective date. By accessing the Site after any changes have been made, you signify your agreement on a prospective basis to the modified Honor Code. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Honor Code.Back to top